Sunday, September 07, 2008

Vandalism in Owens Valley

In the Inyo Register, there is a series of articles about recent vandalism in Bishop, Big Pine, and the White Mountains. Someone (or a group of people) damaged a high-altitude laboratory on White Mountain, one of California's fourteeners, breaking equipment and dousing the lab in gasoline. In Bishop, multiple businesses had rocks thrown at the windows. Cars at various trailheads near Bishop have been vandalized.

Sometimes I worry about the elements and wild animals in the Sierras. But I usually don't have to worry about other people, save those who leave garbage on the trail or food in their car. I have been reminded by these articles that even the Owens Valley isn't free from petty criminals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ugh people are stupid.

I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU'D STARTED THIS BLOG!! Cool. I'll add it to my list of reads. :)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home